Sunday, 10 July 2016

A Mother's Daughter



Ephesians 6: 1-3

6 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;
That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.







My Parents :) 


I wanted to take this opportunity to share to the world my roots; my parents. 

My mother is a retired government employee under the Department of Justice (DOJ), Philippines. She was once a stenographer and an administrative aide, On the other hand, my father is a full time farmer and a deacon in our church. We are four siblings in our family, and I have a twin brother, an older sister and an older brother.

I am currently residing at the State of Qatar, and I have been away since I decided to embrace independence. 

We are not like the typical OFW family who skype and call everyday, And there were many days, I am wishing that I can just see them everyday. As time goes by.. I don't know, I came to a point where I get used to be alone and not lonely. I am totally get used to my independence, but dependent to my creator.  

I wanted to thank God and share to the world how amazing my parents are. I believe that they are the perfect parents that God has given me, and without their love and guidance, it is so impossible to be where and what I am right now. REALLY.

These are the wisdom that I grasp from them, and applying in my life:

1. Not giving up. In life's trials, every time I feel like I want to give up. I just can't. Simply because, they never gave up on me. I witnessed it many times,

2. Pray. One of the things that they keep on reminding me even until now. That God answers prayer and He hears my plea. They even intercedes with my prayer and even though we are miles away, like God, it keeps us connected.

3. Work hard. I was not born with a gold spoon in my mouth. But I have seen the hardship of my parents just to let us finish our studies and not even experiencing any promissory note. We are so well provided, just enough for our daily needs. 

I remember my mother selling vegetables and anything after her office work, during weekends, and not even buying anything for herself just to meet our needs. I was there sitting beside her, amidst all the stinky smell in the market place and the place was so dirty. She always keep on reminding me , NOT TO BE SHAMED TO DO DIRTY WORKS, AS LONG AS IT IS LEGAL.

4. Justice.  I learned that there is a justice in everything that we do. There is a judge in the heavens who sees everything that we are doing. So just always do what is right before God and men.

5. Freedom. This is one of the most amazing things that I have grasp from them. Freedom, to be who I am, and not living under anyone's shadow. 

They give me freedom to choose and live. It is so difficult to live a life you are not, because of this life's pressure and constant change. But they just let me be me, they let me just fulfill my dreams and do the things that I love to do. And I am truly grateful.

6. Be Responsible. That in everything that I do, there is always a consequence that I have to face. So I need to be responsible enough, even in the little things. 

7. Faith. I have seen their faith as I grew up and I have seen them struggling with their faith as well. But, either that faith was enough or not. It never leave them. And indeed, faith is something that  we cannot buy at the store, it is a gift from God, it can move mountains.

8. Keep friends. My parents just let me find my own set of friends ever since. They love my friends as well. And it is so amazing because I had a close tie with my friends with them. 

9. Be a witness.  My father always keep on telling me this. I it took me years to understand and have the courage to witness to people who Jesus is. This is one of the best gift that I have received from them. I realized that I don't need the validation of people to do so. I just need to do it, and it will come to pass.

10. Live. Living a life is very difficult without a vision. goal. light. No matter how a person wants to acquire the most expensive pleasurable life in this world. Relying in our own strength to live is like chasing the wind. Meaningless it is. I found the meaning of life and that is with Jesus.

LIVE like it is the last. You give your best to everything that you do. You live seeking Jesus, so that you will bring impact to people.  There might be kiosk and struggles; rest assured, life is brighter.


I love my parents so much. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment